We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
For relieve cough, most people resort to syrup or other drugs. Unfortunately, the constant use of these remedies can have side effects on health: why not resort to natural alternatives?
The natural ingredients to relieve cough have expectorant and calming properties capable of eliminating phlegm and calming irritation. They have an antibiotic action, therefore they can fight microorganisms that attack the respiratory tract. In this regard, we will show you how to relieve coughs with the use of ingredients that are easily available at home.
How to relieve coughand, remedies with onion and honey
These are ingredients with antibiotic and expectorant action that can help reduce cough symptoms and also strengthen the immune system against viruses, bacteria and other microorganisms responsible for respiratory diseases.
- Benefits of honey: this food boasts strong antioxidant properties and is also able to produce substances called cytokines which are due to the antimicrobial action. It should be noted that honey must be purchased in its pure form; in the case of honey with added preservatives, it is probably a product obtained from non-EU geographical areas
- Benefits of onion: onion has a natural expectorant action. Its properties favor the elimination of bacteria and cleaning the respiratory tract. This food has a high concentration of antioxidants, boasts purifying and detoxifying properties that can help control cough symptoms.
This natural syrup combines the properties of honey with those of onion to form an excellent ally against coughs and sore throats without causing side effects. Here are the ingredients and how to proceed with the preparation:
- 1 medium onion
- 400 ml of still water
- The juice of one lemon
- 15 grams of organic honey
- After peeling the onion, cut it into large pieces then boil it with the water for 15 minutes
- Next, add the honey and lemon juice
We recommend taking this syrup two or three times a day
Alternatively, here is a second remedy
- 1 onion
- 60 grams of organic honey
- Peel and cut the onion into small pieces then transfer it to a container
- Add the two tablespoons of honey, mix and let it rest overnight
- The next morning, strain the mixture with thick gauze or a colander
- You can drink it alone or add it to a glass of water.
Take a spoonful of this syrup every two hours for best results.
PLEASE NOTE: the information provided on this article is for information purposes only; they cannot in any way replace the prescriptions of a doctor.